Now that the Olympics season is nearly over, with the Paralympics finishing next Sunday (9 September), I’m going to be posting here less often: probably monthly from October onwards rather than weekly.
In the mean time, here’s an index of previous posts. Thanks for reading…
1. Citizenship and athletic victory
2. The torch relay and ancient festival envoys
3. Why did ancient athletes cover themselves in oil?
9. The Olympic dominance of the city of Kroton
10. The deaths of Markos Alfidios and Wouter Weylandt
12. Ancient athletic festivals and private enterprise
13. The International Olympic Committee website and the Olympic truce
15. The cultural Olympiad and the musical contests of the ancient world
16. Judging form and placing bets
17. New sports in the Olympic programme
19. Children’s books on the ancient Olympics
20. The opening ceremony at the ancient Olympics
21. Whipping spectators at the ancient Olympics?
23. Going home after the Olympics